The festive season is right around the corner and we've come up with a handy list of eight tips that we're sure will help you out to look your best. Our number one suggestion? HAVE FUN! This festive season is all about standing out — and more than a little bit of sparkle — so forget about being shy until after New Year's.
1. Chances are it'll be cold outside when you head to your holiday soirées each evening, so a chic coat is a must have. It's the first thing people see, and you can use it to pull your entire look together. Make sure that you find one that's perfectly fitted —One last tip: You can make your overcoat stand out by embellishing it with a broach or cinching it with a belt!
2. There isn't a time of year when glitter is appropriate than during the festivals. Incorporate a shimmering piece into your holiday look, whether it be a sequined skirt, a metallic blazer, or a cute, crystal-embellished pair of shoes. But be careful not to go overboard — try to limit this trend to one or two pieces per ensemble.
3. Sure, a little black dress is always a foolproof option for any party, but when it comes to the holidays, it's a pretty boring choice. Try to incorporate the season's popular jewel tones, neons, or acid brights into your getup to help you get into the holiday spirit!
4. The revival of this '90s trend can be a bit tricky, but it's perfect for the holidays. Try a dress or coat in the soft, shimmering fabric in rich tones like plum or burgundy — if you're not completely sold on the stuff, try a velvet pair of shoes or an accessory like a hat or scarf.
5. If there was ever a time to pile on an armful of bangles, wear a gigantic bib necklace, or pull out the cocktail ring that's the size of a doorknob, it's the festivals. Don't be afraid to make a statement with your jewelry, just try to keep the rest of your look simple.
6. Fans of a smokey eye, a bold red lip, or an intricate up-do, rejoice! We all know that these looks are certainly appropriate for every day, so try something more directional and daring when the holidays roll around.
7. Simplicity should be left to another season — during the festivities, your look should be interesting. Leather, lace, faux fur, or all-embellished-everything, give it a try!
8. You have 11 other months to don your skinny jeans, so temporarily store them until the party circuit is over. Instead of denim, try some tapered black trousers or a pair of pants in a fun, festive color. You don't want to look too casual!
Share your thoughts through the comment section below and don’t forget to follow our Facebook page www.facebook.com/madame.fashion for the latest fashion tips and collection. Check out madame’s latest collection at your nearest store to look your best this festive season, you can also shop online here www.madameonline.com